Monday, April 25, 2016

OUT AND ABOOT

I am an unrepentant shoe slut. That is no deep dark secret. As I have variously proclaimed, footwear is my crack. I have been known to stop total strangers to gush about their boots/shoes. I found my thrill last Thursday at the first anniversary cocktailer for Clementine’s luxe resale boutique in Rosedale.

Two of my favourite things: the colour fuchsia and suede booties, stalked at Clementine’s.

I also had a come-to-mama moment with these black fringe Chanel boots at Clementine’s.

Clementine’s owner Christina McDowell (left), designer Dennis Merotto (former senior designer at Lida Baday) and Merotto’s muse/wife Anna toasting the anniversary. McDowell stocks Merotto’s edgy line in her shop.

But it’s not all high-end for the pedal extremities. Loved these personalized boots I spotted at Starbucks on King St. and Brant. Their owner is a stylist. Ya think?

The perfect gift for the Republicans on your list available for only $18.95 at Rolo on Bellair, arguably the best gift and card shop in the city.

THUMBNAIL SKETCHES
Producer Gene Mascardelli celebrate his 70th last weekend with a party at his digs featuring a cast of musicians, actors and civilians. His partner broadcast journalist Gloria Martin makes a mean pot of chili.
 
You are nobody till thumb buddy loves you and Gene and I are clearly thumb buddies, exhibiting our matching wounds.

A musical interlude at the birthday party, with two seasoned guitar pickers and an aspiring vocalist gamely performing random requests.

Rob Salem rocking the camo look at the Wineva and Queen bus stop. Note the homage to David Bowie hoodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment