Thursday, April 14, 2016

FOR EVAN'S SAKE

FAT is where it’s at. Last week, Fashion Art Toronto, the alternate to Toronto Fashion Week, staged their outré shows in assorted venues. I always attend Evan Biddell’s -- they never fail to wow me because his vision and production values. Not for nothing his show, dedicated to David Bowie and Iman, was voted one of the “Most Outrageous Looks” by Blog TO. 

But outrageousness only goes so far. His exquisite tailoring is the real deal.

Furthermore, the outrageousness was not limited to the runway. Everywhere you looked in the fashion crowd, the most interesting ensembles were inevitably worn by the boys.


One of Evan Biddell’s looks, which I call Holly Golightly does Elvira.


Ruth Promislow, a partner in the Bustle line, wearing a red-hot Biddell number, and Marlene Schiff, whose photo was on the Industry pass, flank Evan Biddell after the show. He is clutching a bottle of tequila, my ritualistic contribution to his after party.


Just browsing: Anyone can have purple hair. All it takes is a trip to Shopper’s Drug Mart cosmetics department. This woman has accessorized hers with arresting blinged-out brows.


Bustle partner Shawn Hewison shows off the highly-coveted Jilly’s T-shirt, designed in commemoration of the closing of the infamous strip club.


Quad Spin queen Micheline Wedderburn and I model the other must-have T-shirt, one with Evan Biddell’s shiny little face printed on it.


Just when I thought I’d escaped the ubiquitous selfie moment, there was this cool artwork calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment