Friday, October 16, 2015

OMG! PARKER POSING


On Thursday, Indigo Books at Manulife Centre launched actor/comic/producer/writer Monica Parker’s latest book OMG!, How Children See God, complete with guest appearances by tiny talents, some of the children who contributed drawings to the book.

The last time Parker had a book launch, I was en route when I tripped in my killer boots and broke my wrist and blew out my knee. This time I wore flats and arrived unscathed.

The tome is perfect for Christmas stocking stuffers so get it while it’s hot.


Monica Parker holds up her latest book, OMG! How Children See God, taking a break from signing copies and herding children.

Here I am at the launch bookended by actor Wendy Crewson (left) and TV/film writer Katie Ford. Crewson will be awarded a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame next month. What took them so long? When I asked if she was going to keep it pristine, fluffed and maintained; she said she planned to plant a garden.

Jazz man Elan Trotman added sax appeal to the preview/celebration of the upcoming Barbados Food & Wine and Rum Festival held on Thursday at Campagnolo resto on Dundas West. Campagnolo’s executive chef/co-owner Craig Harding will be the Canuck among the star cooks at the four-day fest running Nov. 19 through Nov. 22 in various locations on the island. Book your flight and elasticized-waist pants now.

Among the yummy nosh at Campagnolo, were jerk lamp chops (we inhaled them) and jungle bird cocktails made of rum, Campari, pineapple juice lime juice and simple syrup. The drinks were simply delish, and I am not a rum girl.

I am addicted to the hand-painted dinnerware at Anthropologie and this cat dish is my latest obsession. I need to find space for it. Hmmmm, I feel a kitchen renovation coming on.







No comments:

Post a Comment