Wednesday, August 10, 2016

BIDDELL'S LAST SUPPER

Hot, young obstreperous designer Evan Biddell threw himself a 33rd birthday party worthy of Warhol at his home/atelier, the incredible and exotic Dali-esque Darling Mansion which looks like the set of a Gloria Swanson movie if she were a hoochie-coochie dancer. It was THE place to be on Tuesday night, sweetie darlings. Where else would you find designers, models, artists, photographers, stylists, ballet dancers, taxidermy and a python snake under one roof? I could have done without the reptile. As far as I am concerned, the only good snake is a dead snake, preferably in a purse or pair of booties.

Evan Biddell and his dirty-dozen disciples, twelve of his fave femmes/muses, re-enacting The Last Supper. I am at the extreme left and feel privileged to have made the cut. When asked whether I wanted to portray (apostle) Paul in the lineup, I demurred. I wanted to be Ringo.

Evan putting on a game face while being entwined by the python in the mansion’s living room. Ick! Is all I can say.

Model Aluad Anei in a Biddell creation accessorized by the snake. Double ick! So much for modelling being a glam profession.

The willowy Johanne doing her best Elvira in another Biddell design. She is not a model, just genetically blessed, damn her. I felt like the fat girl in the circus being in a house full of slinky mannequins.

Me and the divine Micheline Wedderburn, who gets her killer body from being owner/instructor at Quad Spin, in selfie mode. 

How talented is Evan Biddell? He repurposed the blanket I gave him to pimp up his pad into this fabulous coat. Now seriously! Think what he could do with a duvet.

A fireplace in the Darling Mansion, a Victorian pile built in 1888. It came with the place when the lovely and talented Tanya Grossi bought it and transformed it into a cornucopia of divine decadence.

A fanciful fanny pack purchased in France by stylist /producer Sarah Jay, who is obsessed with fanny packs. This is one I could actually conceive of wearing. It doesn’t scream tourist on holiday wearing worldly goods around ones mid-section.

And just when you thought Biddell and company couldn’t top the drama, a ballet dancer performs in the mansion’s moonlit garden.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here!
    leather men belt bag

    ReplyDelete