Sunday, July 17, 2016

WAITING LIST, ETC.


This is the time of great bargoons in summer wear. Remember, I don’t get out of bed for less than 70-per-cent off. But you have to bide your time. If it is still overly pricey – our summer season is so limited and statistically we only wear 20 per cent of our wardrobe – you need to suck it up and wait for the last gasp. I mean, you can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

This fringed skirt has my name all over it. It is a hot Pucci number I found in The Room at Hudson’s Bay downtown. It was originally priced at $1,010 (yeah, I know) and was reduced to $403.99 and it would replace the Michael Kors fringed skirt I stupidly sold years ago. But there will be further reductions in August and if it is still there, I am meant to have it. Seriously, I could easily go through life without a go-go skirt.

I am addicted to all things camo and am pining over this clutch also at The Room. Its original price is $2,895 (why????) marked down to $1,157.99 but unless I get an inheritance from long-lost relatives in Lithuania or the bag is horrifically reduced, it will not be tucked under my arm any time soon. But I can still drool over it.

I am a big fan of distressed wear and of award-winning Canadian designer Evan Biddell, one of the best cutters in the biz. So this shredded tank top with Biddell’s face all over it is doubly delicious.

New York has some serious graffiti. I think they invented the stuff. But this wall in Queen Street West is no slouch. Gotta love the colour.

Utility boxes don’t have to be boring. This dramatic one on Parliament St. in the Distillery district could easily have been living in Stratford. 

Couples regularly pose in this heart-shaped structure in the Distillery district while doing the kissy-face thing. I was recently asked to snap such a couple and was happy to oblige. But I politely declined their offer to take a photo of me solo under the heart. It would have been too sad.

Giving and getting a helping hand and foot on a fence on Portland St.

No comments:

Post a Comment