Wednesday, July 27, 2016

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Far be it from me to be churlish, but it isn’t even back-to-school time and they are trotting out the fall/holiday offerings for previewing. Can Christmas carols at Canadian Thanksgiving be far behind?

Hard to concentrate on faux furs when you are wilting in 35 degree humidity but I gamely checked out merch from everyone from Tom's to Tissot and I was pleasantly surprised. For example, who knew that Tilley’s, purveyor of durables for the dowdy traveler, made a respectable felt fedora? Would I lie to you?

This cool sweater/bomber, with lips on the front and lipstick on the back, is brought to you courtesy of Guess, the same label associated with Brigitte Bardot lookalikes – hello Claudia Schiffer -- in skimpy shredded jean shorts and revealing my-cup-runneth over tops. They have rebranded with whimsical and wearable pieces like this.

Add caption

Tissot Swiss watches has become the official timekeeper of the NBA (National Basketball Association) with the team colours on the watchband and the logo on the caseback. Here is the Chicago Bulls edition. I like it just because you can’t have enough bovine product.
 
These Tanya Heath booties are so Sergeant Pepper I want to dust off my old album and play it on my even dustier turntable. Note the brand’s trademark and ingenious detachable and interchangeable heels. These babies are on my Christmas list.

No comments:

Post a Comment