Thursday, November 12, 2015

GIVE MY REGARDS TO OFF BROADWAY



Since I am off to New York for a bit of r and r (retail and recreation), I intended to revisit one of my fave haunts, Off Broadway, owned for the last 50 years by the late, great Lynn Dell, one of the stars of the iconic doc Advanced Style.
Dell died in the summer and there was buzz that the shop would carry on but alas, it has been shuttered, after a blow-out 75-per-cent-off closing sale. Now that would have been worth the plane ticket alone.  RIP Lynn and Off Broadway.

Lynn Dell would preside over her boutique, taking tea and advising her devoted clientele while dressed to reflect the window display, which on that particular day was leopard printed.

I bonded with Lynn Dell and stayed so long, I was mistaken for a staffer. I even sold some jewelry and accessories -- but didn’t take commission. Although I did take tea.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment