Sunday, November 8, 2015

DX MARKS THE SPOT

On Saturday night, I got tarted up to attend Kismet, the Design Exchange Intersection (DXI) Gala, a fundraiser for the design museum in honour of legendary and prolific designers George Yabu and Glenn Pushelberg.

But I didn’t get the memo about wearing a costume. Hordes of party hearties were decked out in everything from gold paint to gold glitter channeling one’s inner drag queen. I felt like Hillary Clinton in basic black jumpsuit but thank God I topped it with my new Balmain for H&M blazer which is very Michael Jackson or the love child of Roberto Cavalli and Versace.

I navigated among three levels of pass-around things on sticks and eminently drinkable wine, plus Cirque du Soleil-esque acrobats and live music  but I still felt like the country mouse. Next time I will baste myself in sequins.

In this dynamic duo, the eye makeup on the party gal at right looks like the greasepaint footballers wear to deflect the sun.

Hats off to these women. Celeb milliner Philip Treacy would be proud.

Who are these masked men? I have a naked lampshade that could use that fringe.

Come with me to rock the Kasbah and meet the son of Zorro.

Zane Aburaneh (left), owner of Zane accessories boutiques on Queen West and Cumberland St., and his pals, including cool moon child in middle.

I encountered this masked beauty at the bar and when I asked if I could take her photo, she replied “Of course, my dear,” in a deep baritone voice.

This golden couple is the epitome of gilty pleasure. If I had their bodies, I would walk around totally lacquered up too.

Loved the style of these men in black. Who were they wearing? Issey Miyake.

Two lovelies in midnight lace know how to strike that pose.

The tutu skirt on this woman is amazing and when she obligingly fluffed it up for the shot, it came out of the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment