Thursday, November 10, 2016

TRAVELLING COACH


The fashion brand Coach, noted primarily as a starter line for bags for young women before they even begin to aspire to Prada and Gucci, has re-branded with funky oversized collegiate bombers, sweaters and Mr. Rogers cardies with goofy dragon insignias.  There was a party on November 9 to celebrate the launch with a guest appearance by actor/model Dree Hemingway, whom I missed because I was on nursing home duty. 

How white am I, bookended by Traci Melchor and her sister Grace, who was on the hunt for a purse?

Bustle Clothing creative director/designer Shawn Hewson is the coolest dude in the room in his “naked ladies” brogues by Jimmy Choo and purchased in London. That’s London, Eng., not London, Ont.

Samantha Beckerman, half of the hot blonde blogger twin set, rocks a Coach Varsity jacket she’s accessorized with even more pins.

A funky faux-fur chubby jacket by Coach reminiscent of the vintage sheared-beaver I scored at Value Village one hot summer day for $40.  Gotta love V.V. Last week I bagged a chocolate brown suede coat in mint condition made in Europe for $20. Not that I was exactly coat-less – it’s like they breed in my closet -- but how could I resist?

These fine-feathered beauties are part of a collection made by jewelry designer Rita Tesolin. Seriously, how amazing are they? You would upstage everyone in the room wearing one of these. Tesolin is having a sample sale Friday November 18 through Sunday November 20 at her studio at 63 Wingold Ave., Suite 110. Well worth the schlep.

No comments:

Post a Comment